A Square peg is being driven into my head.

G

Hello,
I have the following problems.
I am building a new system around the Dragon+. Everything powers on and the Bios recognize the hard drive, floppy and CDRW. Most of the time when I power on I gget one long beep that, from reading the manual, tells me that the memory is not seated pproperly. This may happen 4 or 5 times. I power off and reinstall the memory to try to get it to work. I've tried all the slots and am pressing very hard to make sure it's seated properly.

When I do get the memory to pass the startup tests it displays a screen showing the processor and memory volume for about 2 seconds before going into bios.
This is the big problem. No matter what settings I change in the bios I cannot get out of this one booting loop.
I cannot boot from the cd or floppy when the bios are set to boot from them. I cannot format my hard drive or install my OP. nothing.
Whatever I do on reset or startup I get taken into the bios.
Is there a way I can tell if my memory is bad?

Dragon+ Motherboard
512 Crucial DDR
GeForce Ti 200
Yamaha 24x CDRW
40GB WD hard drive
floppy

<b><font color=purple> Ain't no sunshine when she's gone. </font color=purple> </b>

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
There should be a jumper on your board for resetting the bios. Flip that, power the computer on, then off again, flip it back, and then try. Also, remove everything but your vid card, Mem, and CPU untill you can get past this.

RAM Disk is not an instalation step.

TRENDING THREADS