James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Please help me someone!!! I have recently been having some
minor problems with audio quality whilst chatting with my
dad over WM. I can hear him perfectly, and it seems that I
have no delay on my end. However, he hears the first few
seconds of each sentence that I say, and I can hear an
echo at his end with around a 5 second delay (I assume
that his microphone is picking up the signal from his
headphones - thats the echo that I hear). We had months of
trouble free talking, and then all of a sudden
this....whats going on??? I am on a DSL line, and my dad
is on a dialup cable line
Many thanks if anyone can help!!!
James

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hey James,

Sounds like you're having a feedback problem. If this is the problem, the
only thing I can suggest is to turn down the volume of your speakers... this
could be a problem on both ends, not just your dad. Also another way of maybe
being able to fix this is to go into your volume control, and lower the
volume of your microphone. If you're not sure how to do this, go to start/all
programs/accessories/entertainment/volume control. Once this has loaded, go
to "options" then choose "properties". A new window will appear, in this
window there's a section called: Adjust volume for... select "recording".
Then click ok. You will then see a volume control panel for each of your
possible inputs. Lower the volume of your microphone.

Try that... hope it works! Good luck!

Mike