Anybody have an AMD XP 2000+ with the Soyo Dragon+

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
If you are running an AMD 2000+ with the Soyo Dragon + or even a different motherboard, i would like to know which CPU fan you went with...thats is the one of the only things holding me back from ordering all the parts..

Thank You, ROB

Once you go AMD, You never Go back!!

G

I purchased the "retail" version of the 1800+ and it came with a fan. it was only ~$8 more for that one than the "OEM" version at newegg.com. for the $8, you get a fan included and a 3 year warranty versus 30 days. it looks like a pretty decent fan and heatsink.

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Thanks for the response, i didn't really want to go with the Retail, i plan on OC'ing alittle.

Thanks.Rob

dicester

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2002
have same board and cpu, use a swiftech 4600, keeps it running nice and cool, great for oc, just love my system.

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Thanks for replying'... so the swiftech 4600 is good, was it easy to install, you have the same CPU and MOBO, Dragon+ and AMD xp 2000+

What made you decide on that Fan?

thanks Rob

dicester

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2002
well, the reason I decide on the swiftech was the rating it got from this website, I purchased it for my amd 1200, because with processor heavy games my 1200 would heat up and the games would get glithcy after an hour or so. I liked it so well that I kept it when I upgraded to the dragon+ and amdxp. The only problem about installing the fan is that the mobo has to be out,(not installed), to attach the mounting studs. But once those are in place, and if you used a drop of crazy glue on the nylon nuts, as recomended for people who remove the fan from time to time, it is a cinch to install. The only thing that cools better is a water cooler, wich will probably be the next upgrade i do if i ever need to replace my box. The only real concern is that you need enough clearence in your box to fit the swiftech. hope this helps.