Windows Messenger VS MSN Messenger

I have Windows XP Media Edition. My wife uses MSN Messenger 6.2 with all her
contacts however most of my contacts use WINDOWS Messenger 5. How do I set
Windows Messenger as the default on MY desktop?
1 answer Last reply
More about windows messenger messenger

    CRJ wrote:

    > I have Windows XP Media Edition. My wife uses MSN Messenger 6.2 with all her
    > contacts however most of my contacts use WINDOWS Messenger 5. How do I set
    > Windows Messenger as the default on MY desktop?

    Are you aware that Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger users can appear
    in each other's contacts lists? Unless you plan to use an IM server
    other than the one Windows Messenger uses by default, you can log onto
    MSN Messenger with the same user name you use for Windows Messenger and
    see the same contacts list.

    Try logging onto Windows with YOUR user name, starting MSN Messenger and
    deactivating "Automaticly run Messenger when I log onto Windows" on the
    General tab of the dialog box that appears when you click on Options in
    the Tools menu. Then stop MSN messenger on the context menu that appears
    when you right click on MSN Messenger's notification area icon. Then
    start Windows Messenger and activate the similar option in Windows
    Messenger's Options popup.

Messenger MSN Messenger Windows XP