Direct Protect Deductible question

I submitted a claim today for an I836 that got melted when it fell into a
Frialator (sp?). The claim process went very well, until they told me there
was a $100 deductible. On this page:
http://www.nextel.com/en/support/service_repair/direct_protect_ins.shtml and
in the downloadable brochure at
http://www.nextel.com/assets/pdfs/en/support/guides/services/equipment/direct_protect.pdf
the I836 is not on the list of phones with a $100 deductible. They said they
were sorry about that, sorry that the web site and the brochure were out of
date, nothing they can do, the deductible is still $100.

Any thoughts on whether this is worth pursuing? Has anyone ever had any luck
with Nextel in a similar situation?

Thanks,

--

~ Kathleen Anderson

In message <XpuOe.1300$L77.822@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com> "Kathleen
Anderson" <spiderwebwoman@mvps.org> wrote:

>I submitted a claim today for an I836 that got melted when it fell into a
>Frialator (sp?). The claim process went very well, until they told me there
>was a $100 deductible. On this page:
>http://www.nextel.com/en/support/service_repair/direct_protect_ins.shtml and
>in the downloadable brochure at
>http://www.nextel.com/assets/pdfs/en/support/guides/services/equipment/direct_protect.pdf
>the I836 is not on the list of phones with a $100 deductible. They said they
>were sorry about that, sorry that the web site and the brochure were out of
>date, nothing they can do, the deductible is still $100.
>
>Any thoughts on whether this is worth pursuing? Has anyone ever had any luck
>with Nextel in a similar situation?

Go up the chain, ask for a manager or start writing letters.

If you become annoying enough they'll give you what you want so that
you'll go away (especially since you're right)

--
Save the whales. Collect the whole set.

Audiose

I was a supervisor with Nextel till I had to move.
In response to this situation, let me suggest that you speak with either customer service or Account Services (cancellation) and explain the whole situation to them.
Fact: There is a discrepancy in what is printed on two different portions of the website. Having worked with Nextel, I KNOW the deductible is $100.
Reality: The discrepancy is the responsibility of Nextel webmasters. Pursue that line while communicating with Nextel reps. Any rep should be able to see that. If they don't apply a service credit for the difference of $65 to your account, ask for a supervisor, and if that doesn't work, ask for a manager. Or, call and talk to account services. Nicely tell them that you will cancel if you don't get the credit because you don't see how it is your responsibility to have accurate info when it conflicts on their site.

PM me if you have further questions: I am trained for Customer service, Corporate Customer service, Technical support, and PowerSource (the Hybrid service.)