Windows Messenger auto appears after update?

I recently installed the XP update KB887472 that updates the security of
Messenger. I did not have messenger setup on my PC. However after the install
Windows messenger 4.7 appears in my start menu under programs. Is this normal?

Hi,

Yes, this is normal.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert