Windows Messenger auto appears after update?

I recently installed the XP update KB887472 that updates the security of
Messenger. I did not have messenger setup on my PC. However after the install
Windows messenger 4.7 appears in my start menu under programs. Is this normal?
1 answer Last reply
More about windows messenger auto appears update

    Hi,

    Yes, this is normal.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Petrismith" <Petrismith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recently installed the XP update KB887472 that updates the security of
    > Messenger. I did not have messenger setup on my PC. However after the install
    > Windows messenger 4.7 appears in my start menu under programs. Is this normal?

Start Menu Messenger Microsoft Windows XP