dell 600 s-video

Johnny

The s-video works when booted but I don't get any output when booted to
Mandriva Linux 2005LE even though I downloaded the ATI drivers for Linux
from the ATI website. There doesn't appear to be any configuration options
for the s-video port under linux. Anyone have a solution?

johnny wrote:
> The s-video works when booted but I don't get any output when booted to
> Mandriva Linux 2005LE even though I downloaded the ATI drivers for Linux
> from the ATI website. There doesn't appear to be any configuration options
> for the s-video port under linux. Anyone have a solution?

A quick google returned this:
http://cabibbo.physics.wm.edu/~bryan/computer/inspiron5100.html

I have a D610 with Fedora and Gentoo on it (and the ATI X300), I can
give it a shot later if you're still curious.

Johnny

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 22:48:19 +0000, Nicholas Andrade wrote:

> johnny wrote:
>> The s-video works when booted but I don't get any output when booted to
>> Mandriva Linux 2005LE even though I downloaded the ATI drivers for Linux
>> from the ATI website. There doesn't appear to be any configuration options
>> for the s-video port under linux. Anyone have a solution?
>
> A quick google returned this:
> http://cabibbo.physics.wm.edu/~bryan/computer/inspiron5100.html
>
> I have a D610 with Fedora and Gentoo on it (and the ATI X300), I can
> give it a shot later if you're still curious.

Thanks. I'll give it a try & hopefully it'll work since it appears that
development on it has halted.

johnny wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 22:48:19 +0000, Nicholas Andrade wrote:
>

>>johnny wrote:
>>
>>>The s-video works when booted but I don't get any output when booted to
>>>Mandriva Linux 2005LE even though I downloaded the ATI drivers for Linux
>>>from the ATI website. There doesn't appear to be any configuration options
>>>for the s-video port under linux. Anyone have a solution?
>>
>>A quick google returned this:
>>http://cabibbo.physics.wm.edu/~bryan/computer/inspiron5100.html
>>
>>I have a D610 with Fedora and Gentoo on it (and the ATI X300), I can
>>give it a shot later if you're still curious.
>

> Thanks. I'll give it a try & hopefully it'll work since it appears that
> development on it has halted.

Good luck, I'd suspect if I could get S-Vid out to work in Linux on my 4
year old IBM T21 with a much less popular graphics chipset (S3 Savage),
you should be fine with a modern set by ATI.