Windows Messenger feature request: Conversation history

I'm surprised I don't see more requests for this but Windows Messenger needs
to add message histories just like what is available in MSN Messenger.

Either that or make MSN Messenger SIP capable so that it can be used with
Live Communication Server.

We use Jabber currently for our enterprise IM and are evaluating LCS. LCS
is so much nicer since it integrates with AD and Office but the lack of
conversation history is a huge drawback.

Greetings Jeff,

I hear you; there is this assumption that logging should occur on the server-side for Live
Comm Server but I am with you that client side logging would be great.

Of course, you can get such logging today by using Messenger Plus (http://www.msgplus.net),
which will work with Windows Messenger.

Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Jeff Hodosko" <JeffHodosko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm surprised I don't see more requests for this but Windows Messenger needs
> to add message histories just like what is available in MSN Messenger.
>
> Either that or make MSN Messenger SIP capable so that it can be used with
> Live Communication Server.
>
> We use Jabber currently for our enterprise IM and are evaluating LCS. LCS
> is so much nicer since it integrates with AD and Office but the lack of
> conversation history is a huge drawback.

TRENDING THREADS