help! high cpu temp 131degf

mikey5150

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2002
replaced my mini twin orb heatsink/fan with dragon orb 3. used artic silver II but still have high temps. 1400 mhz amd not oc'd...please advise btw mobo is abit kt7a, using mobo mon 5 and have 2 intake and 4 exhaust fans

svol

Champion
Check if your VCore is set to 1.75V. Did you use just a little drop of Arctic Silver and smoothed it to a very thin layer on the core? How have you placed your casefans?

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .

mikey5150

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2002
v core is 1.75v..small amt of artic silver..enermax p.s. has fan on bottom to suck air above processor to exhaust out back of p.s. plus 2 more exhaust fan at back even and below hs/proc

Magic_Robertson

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2002
sorry i may not be the best but..

you do got cooling fans in there right?
and id use a copper heat sink as it conducts heat better...

but yea mate check the voltage,and what speed fsb do you got it at?

<font color=red>im a boring old fart and a drunkin bum. </font color=red>

Cyprus

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2001
what are you useing (program) to get the temps?
make sure that you got the heatsink mounted flush with the chip.

<font color=blue><b> cyprus </b></font color=blue>

"Never mistake motion for action. "
- Ernest Hemingway

ANGEL14

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
hi
i would like to know what progs are available to get the temp and various info bout the system and where can i find them. thanx
and about the high temp try to keep ur cabinet open... take off few plates... that'd help.

THE MAIN CAUSE FOR GLOBAL WARMING- MY KICK ASS ATHALON XP ;)

mikey5150

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2002
case temp is 23deg c or 73 degf, room is about 65 degf...high temp strickly at chip...changed fan to 80mm enermax adjustable speed...temp down to 46degc or 119 degf

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by mikey5150 on 02/13/02 12:21 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Magic_Robertson

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2002
do you got lots of ide,pci,isa, and so on things that are using the cpu's power?...

and/or in windows do you got alot of things running like loads and loads of programes?

and when cooling your system.. do you got hdd cooling fan sets?

and have you tryed a different cpu? if you have one around!

oh and try running the system without the side on the case... go into the bios and see if the temp has dropped?

good luck mate :smile:

<font color=red>im a boring old fart and a drunkin bum. </font color=red>

mikey5150

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2002
sound card, nic, modem and 1394 card,all ide cables are rounded....not many programs running at start though. no hdd fan. my 1300 athlon also ran hot. had a brief use of a 1700xp which ran MUCH cooler (about 15 deg celius) but was not supported by my mobo (wrong version of abit kt7a) so it was returned for the 1400 athlon t-bird. Side of case off only reduced 1-2 deg celcius.

svol

Champion
Then it is the fan that causes the high temps, you have to change it with a fan that has a much higher airflow.

svol

Champion
Download MBM to read your temps/voltages/rpms:
<A HREF="http://mbm.livewiredev.com" target="_new">http://mbm.livewiredev.com</A>.

TRENDING THREADS