E-mail Address Not Verified ??

February 22, 2005 3:25:44 PM

I'm sure this has been asked about a thousand times but I
couldn't find the answer in the search section.

A friend of mine made a new MSN account with a non hotmail
e-mail address ie: hithere@bob.com instead of
hithere@hotmail.com. He has not received a verification
e-mail and when he goes on it says (E-mail Address Not
Verified) next to his name.

How would he verify the e-mail address if its not being
sent to him, will this give him limited functionality ?

Any help would be great, thanks.

More about : mail address verified

Anonymous
February 22, 2005 6:20:46 PM

Greetings,

Sometimes the e-mail can take a few days to arrive. However, he can request another one from
Passport Services:
http://register.passport.net/contactus.srf

If he doesn't verify it, he won't be able to change his display name.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Madmech" <grasshopper888@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm sure this has been asked about a thousand times but I
> couldn't find the answer in the search section.
>
> A friend of mine made a new MSN account with a non hotmail
> e-mail address ie: hithere@bob.com instead of
> hithere@hotmail.com. He has not received a verification
> e-mail and when he goes on it says (E-mail Address Not
> Verified) next to his name.
>
> How would he verify the e-mail address if its not being
> sent to him, will this give him limited functionality ?
>
> Any help would be great, thanks.

Anonymous
February 23, 2005 2:33:01 PM

Heck, mine took over a month to come in. :o p

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Sometimes the e-mail can take a few days to arrive. However, he can request another one from
> Passport Services:
> http://register.passport.net/contactus.srf
>
> If he doesn't verify it, he won't be able to change his display name.
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Madmech" <grasshopper888@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I'm sure this has been asked about a thousand times but I
> > couldn't find the answer in the search section.
> >
> > A friend of mine made a new MSN account with a non hotmail
> > e-mail address ie: hithere@bob.com instead of
> > hithere@hotmail.com. He has not received a verification
> > e-mail and when he goes on it says (E-mail Address Not
> > Verified) next to his name.
> >
> > How would he verify the e-mail address if its not being
> > sent to him, will this give him limited functionality ?
> >
> > Any help would be great, thanks.

Anonymous
February 23, 2005 6:40:14 PM

We had this problem with about 10-15 users. No amount of re-requesting the
verification email ever worked. We finally discovered that deleting the
passport account and recreating it worked a charm though.

!