E-mail Address Not Verified ??

I'm sure this has been asked about a thousand times but I
couldn't find the answer in the search section.

A friend of mine made a new MSN account with a non hotmail
e-mail address ie: hithere@bob.com instead of
hithere@hotmail.com. He has not received a verification
e-mail and when he goes on it says (E-mail Address Not
Verified) next to his name.

How would he verify the e-mail address if its not being
sent to him, will this give him limited functionality ?

Any help would be great, thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about mail address verified

    Greetings,

    Sometimes the e-mail can take a few days to arrive. However, he can request another one from
    Passport Services:
    http://register.passport.net/contactus.srf

    If he doesn't verify it, he won't be able to change his display name.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Madmech" <grasshopper888@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I'm sure this has been asked about a thousand times but I
    > couldn't find the answer in the search section.
    >
    > A friend of mine made a new MSN account with a non hotmail
    > e-mail address ie: hithere@bob.com instead of
    > hithere@hotmail.com. He has not received a verification
    > e-mail and when he goes on it says (E-mail Address Not
    > Verified) next to his name.
    >
    > How would he verify the e-mail address if its not being
    > sent to him, will this give him limited functionality ?
    >
    > Any help would be great, thanks.

    Heck, mine took over a month to come in. :op

    "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

    > Greetings,
    >
    > Sometimes the e-mail can take a few days to arrive. However, he can request another one from
    > Passport Services:
    > http://register.passport.net/contactus.srf
    >
    > If he doesn't verify it, he won't be able to change his display name.
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >
    > "Madmech" <grasshopper888@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > I'm sure this has been asked about a thousand times but I
    > > couldn't find the answer in the search section.
    > >
    > > A friend of mine made a new MSN account with a non hotmail
    > > e-mail address ie: hithere@bob.com instead of
    > > hithere@hotmail.com. He has not received a verification
    > > e-mail and when he goes on it says (E-mail Address Not
    > > Verified) next to his name.
    > >
    > > How would he verify the e-mail address if its not being
    > > sent to him, will this give him limited functionality ?
    > >
    > > Any help would be great, thanks.

    We had this problem with about 10-15 users. No amount of re-requesting the
    verification email ever worked. We finally discovered that deleting the
    passport account and recreating it worked a charm though.

    "Meowy" <Meowy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Heck, mine took over a month to come in. :op
    >
    > "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    > > Greetings,
    > >
    > > Sometimes the e-mail can take a few days to arrive. However, he can
    request another one from
    > > Passport Services:
    > > http://register.passport.net/contactus.srf
    > >
    > > If he doesn't verify it, he won't be able to change his display name.
    > > Jonathan Kay
    > > Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
    > > Associate Expert
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
    > > Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
    > > All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan Kay.
    > > You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
    > >
    > > "Madmech" <grasshopper888@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > I'm sure this has been asked about a thousand times but I
    > > > couldn't find the answer in the search section.
    > > >
    > > > A friend of mine made a new MSN account with a non hotmail
    > > > e-mail address ie: hithere@bob.com instead of
    > > > hithere@hotmail.com. He has not received a verification
    > > > e-mail and when he goes on it says (E-mail Address Not
    > > > Verified) next to his name.
    > > >
    > > > How would he verify the e-mail address if its not being
    > > > sent to him, will this give him limited functionality ?
    > > >
    > > > Any help would be great, thanks.

Internet Explorer Messenger Email Microsoft Windows XP