nag box

February 22, 2005 6:05:05 PM

Every time I open Outlook Express I get a nag box from Windows Messenger
about an old e-mail account that I no longer have. It tells me to check that
e-mail so I can logon but as I said I dont have access to that account any
more. How do I change meesenger to an e-mail I do have?

Thanks in advance,
davie261

More about : nag box

Anonymous
February 22, 2005 6:21:30 PM

Greetings,

You can stop this behavior by closing Outlook Express, then downloading and running the
following .reg file:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/stopmessenge...
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"davie261" <davie261@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time I open Outlook Express I get a nag box from Windows Messenger
> about an old e-mail account that I no longer have. It tells me to check that
> e-mail so I can logon but as I said I dont have access to that account any
> more. How do I change meesenger to an e-mail I do have?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> davie261
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 6:33:02 PM

I seem to have got around it by creating a .net account with my new e-mail
and password, then when messenger nag box came up it gave me the choice to
sign in with a different account. I chose the new one, verified the e-mail
and I think its ok. But I will download that reg file just in case.
That was a fast response and thanks for the help JK

davie261

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> You can stop this behavior by closing Outlook Express, then downloading and running the
> following .reg file:
> http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/stopmessenge...
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "davie261" <davie261@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Every time I open Outlook Express I get a nag box from Windows Messenger
> > about an old e-mail account that I no longer have. It tells me to check that
> > e-mail so I can logon but as I said I dont have access to that account any
> > more. How do I change meesenger to an e-mail I do have?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > davie261

Anonymous
February 23, 2005 1:23:19 PM