Closed

How to find the 25 digit code for windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
August 7, 2010 4:51:19 PM

Hello,
how do i find the 25 digit code for windows. I have just bought a new laptop with windows 7 but it keeps asking for a code?
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
August 7, 2010 5:12:35 PM

If it is the product key, then it should be on a sticker somewhere on your laptop(usually underneath). It is unusual for it to ask for a code if you have just bought it as the shop usually activates windows before you take it home. If there is no sticker on the laptop contact the place where you bought it. As a last resort download Magic jelly bean or something similar, run it and it will give you the product key number from the registry.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
August 7, 2010 5:16:37 PM

mibix19 said:
If it is the product key, then it should be on a sticker somewhere on your laptop(usually underneath). It is unusual for it to ask for a code if you have just bought it as the shop usually activates windows before you take it home. If there is no sticker on the laptop contact the place where you bought it. As a last resort download Magic jelly bean or something similar, run it and it will give you the product key number from the registry.

My windows is working, but I bought my laptop for Uni and I was trying to load Office and this is when its asking for the product key?
Any Ideas?
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
August 7, 2010 5:18:44 PM

the key for office is probably in the booklet that came with the disc
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
August 7, 2010 5:20:12 PM

Or on a little sticker somewhere on the case
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
August 7, 2010 5:29:13 PM

I have got codes but they are not 25 digits?
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
August 7, 2010 6:01:21 PM

Did the office disc come with the laptop?
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
August 7, 2010 8:11:35 PM

The licence key should be on the packaging, or if the software is supplied by un i, they will have a multi-user licence, so ask I.T support.
a b $ Windows 7
August 9, 2010 12:12:05 PM

Where did you get Office from?
January 20, 2013 2:17:40 PM

Quote:
Hello,
how do i find the 25 digit code for windows. I have just bought a new laptop with windows 7 but it keeps asking for a code?

!