FIC AD11 problems

G

I recently upgraded my FIC AD11 motherboard with an Athlon XP 1800+. I had an Athlon 1.4. Everything worked fine until I played a 3D accelerated game. The screen froze but I still had sound. I had to reboot. It happens about ten to twenty seconds into any game I play. I know the PCB number is supposed to be 1.2a and I have PCB 1.2. I therefore flashed my bios to the most current version but still have the same problem. FIC advertises this board to support all the latest AMD processors. I have submitted this quarry to AMD and FIC but have not gotten a response. I would greatly welcome any suggestions. Thanks.

It could be a power supply issue, or more likely, your video card driver. Is your power supply AMD approved? Do you have the latest video card drivers from their website? I downloaded the generic nvidia driver and installed it over my gainward overclocking driver, and my favorite game worked. A little slower, but it worked. So, I reinstalled the gainward driver again, and noticed an improvement. Nvidia has a generic driver that is supposed to work with any game on their website. Don't know about ati.