Windows 7 driver for an HP Laserjet 2100M

rirus

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
My wife is a teacher and has a laptop that is supplied to her by the school. She uses it a lot to do a good majority of her work from home after school hours... overworked and under paid.

Our problem is that the school has loaded the laptop up with Windows 7. This is a problem becasue as of 9/21/2009 HP does not yet have a Windows 7 driver listed for our HP Laserjet 2100M printer.

Does anyone know of a solution for this or if HP plans to release a driver for their HP Laserjet 2100M printers around or shortly after the offical release of Windows 7?

regards,

rirus

Actually, this page on the HP web site indicates that drivers are available via Windows Update or via download from HP. The page is a little difficult to make out because for some reason, at least on my system, the column headings in the chart don't show up - but if you highlight the column heading cells you can see what they say.

My Laserjet 2300 worked right out of the box with Windows 7.

rirus

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
Sorry for the long span of time before I replied... really busy. These are a lot of good suggestions and will take a look into each one of them. It will be a little while before I can actually get my hands on her laptop again, hopefully this weekend. I will reply back with my outcome once I have one.

Thank you everyone for replying with great ideas on this, I appreciate them very much.

rirus

kfitzenreiter

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
As I remarked elsewhere, my hp laserjet 1020 won't work in windows 7, not even with Vista drivers. They just crash...

Supposedly, drivers will be available in mid november. I think that they want people to go out and buy a new hp windows 7 ready printer, but that's just my paranoia coming out...

rirus

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
While this was an old posting, I was able to download the drivers off the HP.com driver site and get them to work. Thanks everyone for great suggestions. I appreciate the help.

shahid_zain

Reputable
Mar 21, 2015