A7V266-E with 2 HD Raid Boot Issue

Lord_Arthur

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2001
Alright, here it is. I have an xp 1900+ with a A7V266-E motherboard. I have two 60 gig maxtor drives set to master on the diffrent chanels of the promise controler. I have a strip raid array defined over the two for a total of 120 gigs. The space was partitioned using fdisk. The primary partition is set to active. the boot sequence in bios is as follows:

1.removable device: floppy drive
2.other boot device: scsi/ ata 100
3.cdrom
4.none

My Promblem is, when I start my computer up after being shut off, I get an "invalid boot disk, please insert boot disk and press any key to continue." if I push any key, I get the same error. If I crl-alt-del the machine reboots and starts up properly. as far as I can tell, it works perfectly once booted, and the hard drives are both working according to various tests eg. maxtor's powermax software to test hd's. So, why isn't my computer booting properly?

as a side note, if I just reboot from windows or whatever, it works perfectly. I am running bios 1004b.

Any help would be appricated... please and thank you...

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Lord_Arthur on 02/12/02 01:21 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Lord_Arthur

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2001
come on... someone has to have an idea as to what it might be? please? I truly am stuck.... my next option is going to have to be to bring it into a shop, and wait forever for it... Is there a bios option I'm missing? could it be an actualy problem with my mother boad? could it be the hard drives even thought they check out fine?