Junk Mail Filter won't work with new MSN Messenger 6.2

Last week I downloaded and installed the new 6.2
Messenger for MSN and now it won't recognize my filter
settings except to junk everything! Is anyone else
experienceing this? I've set and reset them, nothing.
Everything comes through as "safe". Help? Tx!
3 answers Last reply
More about junk mail filter work messenger

    Greetings,

    Messenger doesn't have anything to do with Junk Mail filters in Outlook or Hotmail (assuming
    that's what you're referring to)...
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "wallywoo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Last week I downloaded and installed the new 6.2
    > Messenger for MSN and now it won't recognize my filter
    > settings except to junk everything! Is anyone else
    > experienceing this? I've set and reset them, nothing.
    > Everything comes through as "safe". Help? Tx!

    Johnathan;

    Thanks for the response but no, I'm talking about MSN
    Messenger, the same place I receive all my e-mail, the
    same place I'm receiving all my junk mail. Not Outlook
    or Hotmail. And yes, MSN Messenger does indeed have a
    junk mail filter.

    But thanks anyway.

    Jonathan Kay.

    >"wallywoo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    in message
    >> Last week I downloaded and installed the new 6.2
    >> Messenger for MSN and now it won't recognize my filter
    >> settings except to junk everything! Is anyone else
    >> experienceing this? I've set and reset them, nothing.
    >> Everything comes through as "safe". Help? Tx!
    >

    >.

    Actually, Jon is correct, both MSN and Windows Messenger both do not have
    any Junk Mail filtering to speak of. This is because both clients do not
    actually receive any email. When you see that you have email in your Inbox
    in either client it's referring back to your actual email client, whether
    that be Outlook or Hotmail. If you're having issues with your junk mail
    filter in Hotmail go to Options > Junk E-mail Protection > Junk E-mail
    Filter and make sure it's set to High, not Exclusive. You can also go back
    and adjust the settings further to control the deletion of Junk E-Mail, etc.
    In Outlook go to Tools > Options > Junk E-mail. And the same thing applies
    here.
    Corey Gouker
    Microsoft MVP and Associate Expert
    Media Center Edition & Digital Media
    www.microsoft.com/mvp
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

    > Johnathan;
    >
    > Thanks for the response but no, I'm talking about MSN
    > Messenger, the same place I receive all my e-mail, the
    > same place I'm receiving all my junk mail. Not Outlook
    > or Hotmail. And yes, MSN Messenger does indeed have a
    > junk mail filter.
    >
    > But thanks anyway.

Filter Junk Messenger MSN Messenger Windows XP