3 long beeps and then powerdown

G

I recently started up an old system that has been sitting idle for 3 months. I replaced the old CPU with a Duron 600 and now when I attempt to boot I get 3 long beeps and then the system powers down.
Specs:
DFI AK74SC w/ Award Bios
PCI 8 meg video
256meg of RAM (all tested and verified to work)

Can anyone help?

Thanks

G

Yeah, I initially thought it was an AGP setting since the board last had an AGP card in it. So I reset the bios before starting it up and then again later on. Thanks for your reply!

The only times I cuss is when I'm working on my car or I'm working on my computer!

G

Jlanka,

I've unseated every card, every bit of RAM, and even the processor.

The only time it doesn't sound the trademark '3 beeps and you're dead' noise is when the processor is out of the system.

Going to test the processor in another machine and get back to you.

The only times I cuss is when I'm working on my car or I'm working on my computer!

SinBin

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2002
Beeeep beeeep beeeep , this is allmost allway RAM reseat the 256, check the mobo can hannel it & try another stick.

G

I'm running under the Duron 600 right now. So sadly I think that the motherboard has become a piece of burnt toast in its offtime. :-( Shame, I didn't really want to spend the £60 on another one...oh well...
Thank you everyone for your help!

TRENDING THREADS