BIOS question...

ANGEL14

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
HI,
how can i flash my BIOS as i am running win2k which does... do i need to make a DOS bootable and than load all my BIOS files on it and than run it..?? and in that case how can i make a DOS bootable??? PLZ HELP
thanx

THE MAIN CAUSE FOR GLOBAL WARMING- MY KICK ASS ATHALON XP ;)

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
Just a few posts back, I put in a link. Here it is again: <A HREF="http://www.bootdisk.com" target="_new">DOS boot disks</A>. Enjoy.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

ANGEL14

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
i know thanx for the link... i went through it but all i wanted to ask was ... am i doin the rt thing u know makin a dos bootable and loading up my bios files on it and flahsing it..... coz i m really scared bout BIOS stuff and i don wanna take any chances...thanx

THE MAIN CAUSE FOR GLOBAL WARMING- MY KICK ASS ATHALON XP ;)

G

Angel14,

You had it right, make a Dos Bootable with the bios file preferrably in the root (aka a:\) and then execute your flash. But, if you aren't confident in what you are doing or you are scared something might go wrong -well frankly, it might-so if you aren't experiencing any problems and the bios upgrade doesn't have any major revisions, leave things be.
I hope this helps!

The only times I cuss is when I'm working on my car or I'm working on my computer!