WOW. #646 accurate to 20 minutes after failed tower

student

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2003

I am currently in western massachusetts and suddenly when I check my
minutes they have been good to the hour. I usually check it at night
after 11pm it usually tells me minutes as of 8:45pm or 10:58pm . I
have unlimted NW so of course anytime after 8:30 is good. Suddenly
today i checked my minutes at 11:51 am and it told me how many I had
used since 11:04am!!! I just checked it at 1:43 and it told me how
many I had since 1:22pm This is amazing how long should I expect this
to occur? Last friday a tower went down in Westernmass and affected
some VW customers and those with BRONX, NY area codes. DId Verizon fix
and update something? or arm i just getting lucky? I am going to see
if my friends are getting the same accuracy.

Note: I updated my phone two weeks ago and was not affected by the
tower. I think I updated it friday night and monday. Yeah I know it
was too much but i had nothign to lose. But does it do anything. THey
could not have done too much in three weeks.

Scott

phonesrcomplicated@hotmail.com (Student) wrote in message news:<bdf80113.0404070951.6676a06@posting.google.com>...
> [snip...] I
> have unlimted NW so of course anytime after 8:30 is good. [...snip]

9:01 is when your unlimited time starts (unless you have some
granfathered deal going on).

Student wrote:
> I am currently in western massachusetts and suddenly when I check my
> minutes they have been good to the hour. I usually check it at night
> after 11pm it usually tells me minutes as of 8:45pm or 10:58pm . I
> have unlimted NW so of course anytime after 8:30 is good. Suddenly
> today i checked my minutes at 11:51 am and it told me how many I had
> used since 11:04am!!! I just checked it at 1:43 and it told me how
> many I had since 1:22pm This is amazing how long should I expect this
> to occur? Last friday a tower went down in Westernmass and affected
> some VW customers and those with BRONX, NY area codes. DId Verizon fix
> and update something? or arm i just getting lucky? I am going to see
> if my friends are getting the same accuracy.
>
> Note: I updated my phone two weeks ago and was not affected by the
> tower. I think I updated it friday night and monday. Yeah I know it
> was too much but i had nothign to lose. But does it do anything. THey
> could not have done too much in three weeks.

I'm in the Houston area and this has been happening here for about 3 weeks
now. Previously, it would usually be updated the next day.

Also, prior to this months billing, my voice mail checking came out of my
m2m minutes. Now, as noted in the message area of a previous bill, it comes
out of the main bucket of minutes, either peak or off-peak.

Some time around 7 Apr 2004 10:51:32 -0700 (give or take a month), someone who says they are named
phonesrcomplicated@hotmail.com (Student) fired up the tubes on the teletype and rambled on about:

>I am currently in western massachusetts and suddenly when I check my
>minutes they have been good to the hour. I usually check it at night
>after 11pm it usually tells me minutes as of 8:45pm or 10:58pm . I

It is funny you mentioned this, I checked today after a long call and it was updated soon after the
call.

-W

Some time around Wed, 07 Apr 2004 20:25:06 -0400 (give or take a month), someone who says they are
named Double U <PleaseSpamMe@myEmail.com> fired up the tubes on the teletype and rambled on about:

>It is funny you mentioned this, I checked today after a long call and it was updated soon after the
>call.

I stand corrected. I just called again at 9:15pm, and the last update was 2:15pm
Feh Unless it is done at certain times and I just hit the last one right after the update.

-W

#646 is almost instantanous now. Make a call and #646 reflects the
minutes used almost as soon as you hang up!

Kudos for VZW!

Dave

On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 21:23:09 -0400, Double U <PleaseSpamMe@myEmail.com>
chose to add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and
everything:

>Some time around Wed, 07 Apr 2004 20:25:06 -0400 (give or take a month), someone who says they are
>named Double U <PleaseSpamMe@myEmail.com> fired up the tubes on the teletype and rambled on about:
>
>>It is funny you mentioned this, I checked today after a long call and it was updated soon after the
>>call.
>
>I stand corrected. I just called again at 9:15pm, and the last update was 2:15pm
>Feh Unless it is done at certain times and I just hit the last one right after the update.

Did you make any more calls after 2:15? I find that it usually reports "as
of" the time of my last call (or at least my last peak call).

I have yet to experience it being updated on the same day, but it may be
that I just haven't tried it under those circumstances yet.

http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
"Sir, I need you to dig in now. It wasn't a nightmare. You really are the
president." - Charlie Young

student

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2003

David S <dwstreeter@spamisnaughty.att.net> wrote in message news:<sf7h7092prt91u8edgljbqj7vsc7s98d7f@4ax.com>...
> On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 21:23:09 -0400, Double U <PleaseSpamMe@myEmail.com>
> chose to add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and
> everything:
>
> >Some time around Wed, 07 Apr 2004 20:25:06 -0400 (give or take a month), someone who says they are
> >named Double U <PleaseSpamMe@myEmail.com> fired up the tubes on the teletype and rambled on about:
> >
> >>It is funny you mentioned this, I checked today after a long call and it was updated soon after the
> >>call.
> >
> >I stand corrected. I just called again at 9:15pm, and the last update was 2:15pm
> >Feh Unless it is done at certain times and I just hit the last one right after the update.
>
> Did you make any more calls after 2:15? I find that it usually reports "as
> of" the time of my last call (or at least my last peak call).
>
> I have yet to experience it being updated on the same day, but it may be
> that I just haven't tried it under those circumstances yet.

Sorry did not reply to the post in so long. Yes I am still getting the
updates but up to about 3:00pm. I can get one basically every hours
after ten (after first class) notice when i called at 5 or 6 the last
update was about after 2. Still not bad. Sometimes you have long
conversations on lunch break and not sure. So all in all they did an
upgrade somewhere I am happy.