Voice recognition possibel ?

To save lots of keying - is it possible ?

any recommendations ?

thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about voice recognition possibel

    WinXP Tablet PC has pretty good voice recognition SW once you train it. Cool
    for opening and closing documents in command mode. Can be embarrassing
    (people think you are talking toyour self) or you inadvertantly curse
    (microphone picks up everything including belches, heavy breathing etc).
    But....ya, definitely possible.

    "zero" <zeroREMOVEnews2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > To save lots of keying - is it possible ?
    >
    > any recommendations ?
    >
    > thanks

    Greetings Zero,

    Actually, after awhile of avoiding such software I recently tried out NaturallySpeaking 8:
    http://www.scansoft.com/naturallyspeaking/

    It's actually pretty decent (certainly better than the built-in Office functionality or
    previous versions of NaturallySpeaking/ViaVoice). Is it good enough to hold conversations
    through Messenger? I'd say yes, but only if you tend to use instant messaging to speak
    formally and you don't mind some delay. Speed was still slowish but still reasonable (Athlon
    64 3000+).
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "zero" <zeroREMOVEnews2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > To save lots of keying - is it possible ?
    >
    > any recommendations ?
    >
    > thanks

    thanks

    its to minimise non-critical typing really

    Q) Does the Office 2003 or Office XP voice-recog cover msn messenger ?

    i assumed it didnt actually

    thanks

    > Greetings Zero,
    >
    > Actually, after awhile of avoiding such software I recently tried out
    NaturallySpeaking 8:
    > http://www.scansoft.com/naturallyspeaking/
    >
    > It's actually pretty decent (certainly better than the built-in Office
    functionality or
    > previous versions of NaturallySpeaking/ViaVoice). Is it good enough to
    hold conversations
    > through Messenger? I'd say yes, but only if you tend to use instant
    messaging to speak
    > formally and you don't mind some delay. Speed was still slowish but still
    reasonable (Athlon
    > 64 3000+).
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >
    > "zero" <zeroREMOVEnews2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > To save lots of keying - is it possible ?
    > >
    > > any recommendations ?
    > >
    > > thanks

Messenger Microsoft Voice Recognition Windows XP