Voice recognition possibel ?

WinXP Tablet PC has pretty good voice recognition SW once you train it. Cool
for opening and closing documents in command mode. Can be embarrassing
(people think you are talking toyour self) or you inadvertantly curse
(microphone picks up everything including belches, heavy breathing etc).
But....ya, definitely possible.

"zero" <zeroREMOVEnews2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> To save lots of keying - is it possible ?
>
> any recommendations ?
>
> thanks

Greetings Zero,

Actually, after awhile of avoiding such software I recently tried out NaturallySpeaking 8:
http://www.scansoft.com/naturallyspeaking/

It's actually pretty decent (certainly better than the built-in Office functionality or
previous versions of NaturallySpeaking/ViaVoice). Is it good enough to hold conversations
through Messenger? I'd say yes, but only if you tend to use instant messaging to speak
formally and you don't mind some delay. Speed was still slowish but still reasonable (Athlon
64 3000+).
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"zero" <zeroREMOVEnews2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> To save lots of keying - is it possible ?
>
> any recommendations ?
>
> thanks

ZerO

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2003

thanks

its to minimise non-critical typing really

Q) Does the Office 2003 or Office XP voice-recog cover msn messenger ?

i assumed it didnt actually

thanks