Hello everyone,

I use Windows messenger and I've encountered this problem a few days
ago:

I wanted to sign in using a different hotmail username than the one I
usually use, but I checked SIP instead of .NET service. The signing in
procedure failed. But ever since, whenever I sign in using the right
info, I get the followiing message: "Signing in to an SIP communication
service failed....etc". I press OK. Then the Messenger window opens and
just under my status and name, I get the following message:"You are not
signed in to SIP. Click here to sign in"

I don't know how to get rid of these two messages. I'd appreciate your
help.

Samar
samar.hossam@web.de

Greetings Samar,

Just click the Tools menu within Messenger, then Options, then Accounts tab, uncheck SIP and
click OK.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert