RavenPrime

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I am curious what Via 4in1 driver version people are using.

I am currently using v4.37a. My Diablo2 LOD game however keeps crashing with the Unhandled Exception error. I have narrowed it down to either from the Via driver or from Directx 8.1. My problems started shortly after upgrading those and they are pretty much all my computers have in common and they all get the same error message and system crash with D2 LOD. Any suggestions about the error would be appreciated too.

<i>Speed doesn't kill, lag does.</i> :cool: James

G

Haven't heard much about the 4.37's, but have heard alot about problems with DX 8.1. I'm running DX 8.0a and the 4.36's and everything is stable.
Here is a site that has a DX uninstaller, if you decide to change.
http://www.drd.dyndns.org/index2.html

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Have you tried DirectX Eradicator (one of the utilities at the link you provided) yet?

I'm using the old DirectX Uninstaller which is just an INF file which must be loaded in Safe Mode. Works great but can only be used for Win 9X/ME. Eradicator is supposed to work for those and NT, 2K, and soon for XP.

<b>We are all beta testers!</b>

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq&notfound=1&code=1" target="_new">This</A> might help. (Pardon all the boldface text. The message parser is doing it not me).

I keep trying newer 4-in-1s but I keeping going back to 4.31 for speed and stability (I use the 4.10 Via AGP driver) (but I have an older KT133A chipset). Newer 4-in-1s may address problems they I don't have.

<b>We are all beta testers!</b>

AndrewT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2001
I'm still on the 4.24, no problems so I let it be.
Hell I still use the 6.31 driver for my asus gts deluxe, when I installed the detonator my ctrl/alt/t died and it was hell switching to tv and back (tv is in another room so can't see where to click to get back to monitor). If there is a fix for that I'll try detonator again, got better performance with that driver.

<font color=red>Handsome A7V133 looking for long term relationship with a XP CPU. Prefer non smoker.</font color=red>

RavenPrime

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I tried 4.34 with no difference. I re-installed WinMe with Directx 8.0a with no difference. Everything works great except for my Diablo 2 game so I think the problem is there alone.

I am currently running the game in 2D OpenGL mode and we will see. Thanks all.

<i>Speed doesn't kill, lag does.</i> :cool: James