Messenger on Domain Only?

I am looking to install Messenger on users PCs in a domain, but I only want
the users to be able to communicate with other members of the domain, NOT
passport users. I don't want the users to chat with friends and family
during work, but being able to communicate with other employees would be
benificial. How can I do this?

John MacD Wrote:
> I am looking to install Messenger on users PCs in a domain, but I only
> want
> the users to be able to communicate with other members of the domain,
> NOT
> passport users. I don't want the users to chat with friends and
> family
> during work, but being able to communicate with other employees would
> be
> benificial. How can I do this?

You'll need MS Exchange Server 2000 or MS Live Communications Server
2003 (Exchange 2003 lost support for IM)

Then you'll need Windows Messenger 5.1 (not MSN Messenger) and choose
to connect to your server.

And thats it, you can then block any access from the messengers to the
outside with a firewall just to be sure no one tries to mess around
with its settings.

Thats the setup on our network.

Sergio henrique

--