Sign in with
Your question

MOBO DIAGNOSTIC PROGRAMS PLZ...???

Last response: in Motherboards
February 15, 2002 11:18:16 AM

HI
i have AMD XP1600 and my mobo is ECS K7AMA(ALI MAGIK1) and running WIN2K
NOW..
i have tried many diagnostics programs and none of them have been able to get my cpu tempreture and fan speeds.
WHICH IS THE BEST DIAGNOSTIC PROGRAM FOR GETTING THAT INFO??

i tried to use WCPUID 3 and my system crashed! i dont intend to do that again.

i tried MBM4 AND MBM5 but none of them were able to work

i have SISOFT SANDRA PLUS it gives all the info but not the cpu temp and fan speeds... so again no use for me. and one more thing bout this... though i upgraded my BIOS it still shows the old bios version and settings why is that??

this is the situation... plz suggest a diagnostic prog for my config and tell me what to do about the bios detection question...

thanx

THE MAIN CAUSE FOR GLOBAL WARMING- MY KICK ASS ATHLON XP ;) 
February 15, 2002 1:39:06 PM

With some mobo's you need to reset the BIOS after flashing it, so reflash it and then reset the BIOS. If it is still the old version after that check if some BIOS protect future is enabled.
Also: Can you check the temps inside the BIOS? And is Hardware Monitoring enabled inside the BIOS?

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek:  .
February 16, 2002 6:09:35 AM

thanx for the reply..
but if i reset the bios than i'll have to reinstall the whole WIN2K again and thats a pain in the ass... BTW why is that we have to reinstall the OS?? and yes i can see the cpu and fan temps from inside BIOS and there is no firmware or bios protection feature on my boar. suggest. thanx

Related resources
February 16, 2002 8:41:53 AM

Never heard about reinstalling the OS after flashing and resetting the BIOS, I didn't do it with my Win98 system.
Don't think you have to.

February 16, 2002 9:14:36 AM

than can it be something wrong with my WIN2K??

February 16, 2002 9:28:23 AM

You will have to set back all previous settings in the BIOS, but I don't know why Win2000 wouldn't except a BIOS reset.

a b V Motherboard
February 16, 2002 12:59:06 PM

some boards have a jumper that you have to set to flash the bios. This is to protect the bios from accidental flashing, or to stop unknowing persons from screwing up their comp.
Others have a setting in the bios.
If you are unable to flash the bios, check and make sure you have the right flashing utility for your motherboard.

I aint signing nothing!!!
February 16, 2002 3:19:02 PM

Quote:
Never heard about reinstalling the OS after flashing and resetting the BIOS, I didn't do it with my Win98 system.
Don't think you have to.

You're right. Normally not necessary, except in certain situations. For instance, the latest BIOS on my KT7-RAID updates the highpoint RAID controller, which requires a rebuild of the RAID array. Therefore I will have to re-install W2K. But that is a rare circumstance.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>
February 16, 2002 4:43:33 PM

the thing is i cant understand the problem...
i can flash my bios fine.. absoulutely no probs....when the comp boots it show the right date and version..fine... BUT the diag proggies dont show why is that...so the thing is are these bios proggies screwed or what??

Q:which other diag progs would you suggest that work on my system???
thanx for the input

!