Contacts showing as email

Why are some of my contacts in the Windows Messenger
showing as People like "Jane & Harry" and some show as
their email address? They say they have all verified
their email addresses (and it does not say emial not
verified. They also say in their personal tab they have
their name like "Mary" and not their email address.
1 answer Last reply
More about contacts showing email

    Greetings Alice,

    Are you using the .NET Messenger Service or a local server?
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Alice" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Why are some of my contacts in the Windows Messenger
    > showing as People like "Jane & Harry" and some show as
    > their email address? They say they have all verified
    > their email addresses (and it does not say emial not
    > verified. They also say in their personal tab they have
    > their name like "Mary" and not their email address.

Messenger Email Microsoft Windows XP