G

Im building a new system and I want no issues with compatability or stability!!!!

Im trying to find a way to load an Athlon XP2000 and Radeon 8500 on a motherboard without issues.

At this point it looks like Im going to use an ASUS A7V-266E. It uses the Via KT266A Chipset and is on AMD assured recomended list.

To round things out I was planning on using Crutial DDR2100 Memory, a certified power supply, and a good 3COM Network Card. The System will run on windows XP

Any recomendations on CDRW drives that cannot crash?

Any warnings or suggestions out there?

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
LiteOn makes some great CD-RWs. Any CD-RW with any type of buffer-under technology can't screw up CDs. I suggest the 32X12X40 LiteOn. This is an extremely fast and stable burner than can be had for cheap (It's a little less than $200CDN here in Canada, so I'm guessing it'll be around $125USD). For a sound card, anything non-Creative is stable. The Creative SoundBlaster Audigy is apparently a good card, but I don't have experience with it to tell you about its stability. In terms of reliability, I'd look at the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz or the Hercules Game Theater XP. They also provide excellent sound. Both are based on the same chip so sound quality should be on par between the two.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor