Messenger downloading Problem..Help fix please

Ok...well i download messenger 6.2 and when i click setupDl.exe it
just screws up and i get an error...Error creating process
<C:\DOCUME~1\rick\local
settings\temp\IXP000.TMP\bootsrap.exe...i dont know how to fix
it...so can some1 please help me with this problem...im really badly
wanting to go on msn...Thanks...I’d really appreciate it

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-downloading-Problem-Help-fix-ftopict273313.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=863367

sem

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2003

try to clean up your temp folder "C:\DOCUME~1\rick\local
settings\temp\"

"Sem" wrote:
> try to clean up your temp folder "C:DOCUME~1ricklocal
> settingstemp"

what do you mean clean the folder...how??:S

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-downloading-Problem-Help-fix-ftopict273313.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=865173

sem

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2003

Go into your C:\Documents and Settings\rick\local settings\temp\ folder
(be sure that you can see hided files, the "local settings" sub folder is a
hided folder).
Then in the temp folder delete any file and folders you see, probably you
will have a lot of stuff in there that just waste your hard drive space. You
will no able to cancel some temporary files couse in use by the system,
don't worry.

Bye :)