Question about Dell Pricing

Last response: in Computer Brands
September 6, 2005 6:01:00 PM

I recently ordered a notebook (Inspiron 2200). The configuration I ordered
cost about $720. It hasn't shipped yet.

Now suppose this same configuration becomes cheaper due to whatever
promotion Dell has. Can I get the cheaper price?? What about after it is
delivered? Is there a certain time period where I can get the cheaper
price??

(My idea then would be to keep pricing my system).

Mel

More about : question dell pricing

Anonymous
September 6, 2005 11:48:22 PM

"MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message
>I recently ordered a notebook (Inspiron 2200). The configuration I ordered
>cost about $720. It hasn't shipped yet.
>
> Now suppose this same configuration becomes cheaper due to whatever
> promotion Dell has. Can I get the cheaper price?? What about after it is
> delivered? Is there a certain time period where I can get the cheaper
> price??
>
> (My idea then would be to keep pricing my system).
>
> Mel

Dell used to informally honor requests in the return period of 30 days from
invoice. Now that is 21 days, so if they do, it would be short. The deal
had to be for the exact same machine and had many limitations.

If you see a change, call them and ask!

Tom
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 12:39:00 AM

I once ordered a desktop and then saw that there was a pricing special on it. I called them and they said the only thing I could do was to cancel the first order and then put in a new one for that lower price. In between the time they said this and I checked out if I wanted to do it, I found that a few of the items that I had ordered the first time, that had been "on sale", were no longer and the free shipping that I was going to get was no longer part of the deal. I ended up keeping my first order
--
Cyndi

!