danilo

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2004

Greetings
I got notified of an update of my messenger 4.7.2009-version!
If I do install this update, will I need to change settings again? I'am
refering to compatibility with my hotmail.
(new mail ...)
Thank you
Danilo

Greetings Danilo,

If you update to any version of Windows Messenger above 4.7.2009, you will lose your Hotmail
functionality. The feature has moved to MSN Messenger and is no longer present in Windows
Messenger.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Danilo" <ludancas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Greetings
> I got notified of an update of my messenger 4.7.2009-version!
> If I do install this update, will I need to change settings again? I'am refering to
> compatibility with my hotmail.
> (new mail ...)
> Thank you
> Danilo

i'm running 4.72010 and still have it

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings Danilo,
>
> If you update to any version of Windows Messenger above 4.7.2009, you will lose your Hotmail
> functionality. The feature has moved to MSN Messenger and is no longer present in Windows
> Messenger.
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Danilo" <ludancas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Greetings
> > I got notified of an update of my messenger 4.7.2009-version!
> > If I do install this update, will I need to change settings again? I'am refering to
> > compatibility with my hotmail.
> > (new mail ...)
> > Thank you
> > Danilo

danilo

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2004

Jonathan
Thank you for your reply.
I'am running 4.7.2009!
And the update anuonced within messenger (news) is telling me about a little
update for 4.7.2009 (same version)
The update would include security, removal fonecall and various litlle
improvements.
So will this update effect my Hotmail functionality?
Much obliged!
Danilo

> Jonathan
> Thank you for your reply.
> I'am running 4.7.2009!
> And the update anuonced within messenger (news) is telling me about a little update for
> 4.7.2009 (same version)
> The update would include security, removal fonecall and various litlle improvements.
> So will this update effect my Hotmail functionality?
> Much obliged!
> Danilo
>
>> Greetings Danilo,
>>
>> If you update to any version of Windows Messenger above 4.7.2009, you will lose your
>> Hotmail functionality. The feature has moved to MSN Messenger and is no longer present in
>> Windows Messenger.
>> Jonathan Kay
>> Associate Expert
>> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan Kay.
>>
>> "Danilo" <ludancas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Greetings
>>> I got notified of an update of my messenger 4.7.2009-version!
>>> If I do install this update, will I need to change settings again? I'am refering to
>>> compatibility with my hotmail.
>>> (new mail ...)
>>> Thank you
>>> Danilo

Hi Danilo,

If you install that update, you will lose your Hotmail checking capability.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Danilo" <ludancas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Jonathan
> Thank you for your reply.
> I'am running 4.7.2009!
> And the update anuonced within messenger (news) is telling me about a little update for
> 4.7.2009 (same version)
> The update would include security, removal fonecall and various litlle improvements.
> So will this update effect my Hotmail functionality?
> Much obliged!
> Danilo
>
>> Greetings Danilo,
>>
>> If you update to any version of Windows Messenger above 4.7.2009, you will lose your
>> Hotmail functionality. The feature has moved to MSN Messenger and is no longer present in
>> Windows Messenger.
>> Jonathan Kay
>> Associate Expert
>> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan Kay.
>>
>> "Danilo" <ludancas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Greetings
>>> I got notified of an update of my messenger 4.7.2009-version!
>>> If I do install this update, will I need to change settings again? I'am refering to
>>> compatibility with my hotmail.
>>> (new mail ...)
>>> Thank you
>>> Danilo

danilo

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2004

Jonathan
Ok! Understood!
Thank you very much!
Danilo

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> schreef in bericht
> Hi Danilo,
>
> If you install that update, you will lose your Hotmail checking
> capability.
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Danilo" <ludancas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Jonathan
>> Thank you for your reply.
>> I'am running 4.7.2009!
>> And the update anuonced within messenger (news) is telling me about a
>> little update for 4.7.2009 (same version)
>> The update would include security, removal fonecall and various litlle
>> improvements.
>> So will this update effect my Hotmail functionality?
>> Much obliged!
>> Danilo
>>
>>> Greetings Danilo,
>>>
>>> If you update to any version of Windows Messenger above 4.7.2009, you
>>> will lose your Hotmail functionality. The feature has moved to MSN
>>> Messenger and is no longer present in Windows Messenger.
>>> Jonathan Kay
>>> Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
>>> Associate Expert
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
>>> Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
>>> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan Kay.
>>> You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
>>>
>>> "Danilo" <ludancas@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Hi Danilo,

You're very welcome!

"Jonathan Kay MVP" wrote:
> [...]
>   >>>> in Windows Messenger.
>   >>>> ____________________________________________
>   >>>> Jonathan Kay
>   >>>> Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN
> Messenger
>   >>>> Associate Expert
>   >>>>
>   >>>> Messenger Resources -
> http://messenger.jonathankay.com
>   >>>> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c)
> 2005 Jonathan Kay.
>   >>>> You *must* contact me for redistribution
> rights.
>   >>>>
>   >>>> "Danilo" <ludancas@hotmail.com> wrote
> in message
>   >>>>
>   >>>>> Greetings
>   >>>>> I got notified of an update of my messenger
> 4.7.2009-version!
>   >>>>> If I do install this update, will I need to

The latest version of messenger is 4.72010 and I did not loose my
hotmail alerts

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-update-2009-ftopict274417.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1078930

"russshoe" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> The latest version of messenger is 4.72010 and I did not loose my
> hotmail alerts

There is no such version, look again.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Jonathan Kay MVP" wrote:
> "russshoe" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> > The latest version of messenger is 4.72010 and I did not
> loose my
> > hotmail alerts
>
> There is no such version, look again.
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan
> Kay.

http://www.iserv.net/~shoe/messenger.JPG

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-update-2009-ftopict274417.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1079872

"russshoe" wrote:

messenger.JPG

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e3dc209b-ad57-49e1-bb90-6fa2ca8763a6&DisplayLang=en

how come my version is 5.1.0639?

> "Jonathan Kay MVP" wrote:
> > "russshoe" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> > > The latest version of messenger is 4.72010 and I did not
> > loose my
> > > hotmail alerts
> >
> > There is no such version, look again.
> > Jonathan Kay
> > Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
> > Associate Expert
> > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
> > Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
> > All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan
> > Kay.
> > You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
>
> http://www.iserv.net/~shoe/messenger.JPG

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-update-2009-ftopict274417.html

Dannyboy,

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8d9eb73-5f8c-4b9a-940f-9157a3b3d774&DisplayLang=en

You downloaded the latest version while Russhoe is using 4.7 with some
security patch installed.

--
Jabez Gan
Give me a chance, Let me help you!

"dxb" wrote:
> how come my version is 5.1.0639?
>

> "russshoe" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message

> > "Jonathan Kay MVP" wrote:
>  > > "russshoe" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com>
> wrote in message
>   > > > The latest version of messenger is 4.72010
> and I did not
>  > > loose my
>   > > > hotmail alerts
>  > >
>  > > There is no such version, look again.
>  > > ____________________________________________
>  > > Jonathan Kay
>  > > Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
>  > > Associate Expert
>  > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
>  > > Messenger Resources -
> http://messenger.jonathankay.com
>  > > All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005
> Jonathan
>  > > Kay.
>  > > You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
> >
> > http://www.iserv.net/~shoe/messenger.JPG
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
> > request
> standards
> > Topic URL:
> > http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-update-2009-ftopict274417.html
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
> abuse:
> > http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1079872

If you install 5.1 I do believe you will loose hotmail alerts. ay
leasy I did so I reinstalled 4.72010