.NET Messenger Service not working with Windows Messenger

My company uses Windows Messenger (v 5.1.0639) for SIP and about half the
time I can also use the .NET Messenger Service, too. The other half of the
time I get this error when trying to log on to .NET: "Signing in to .NET
Messenger Service failed because the service is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later.
Click the Help button to check the current .NET Service status." Of course,
when I check the .NET servive status, it always says everything is a-ok. Any
ideas why I can't log onto .NET on a consistent basis?
2 answers Last reply
More about messenger service working windows messenger
  1. yeah, Im getting the same problem.
  2. im such a noob. I had the wrong year on the date. and time.

Messenger Microsoft Windows XP