France roll england 19-12 in Rugby world cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

gropouce

Distinguished
May 1, 2011
Not really "celebrating" as we can see during soccer's cup, but beers sellers will not complain

ça me donne envie de répondre en Français... :D

Bizarrement, la victoire du XV de France n'a pas fait énormément de bruit par ici.
Il faut dire que je vis dans une région où le rugby n'est pas le sport le plus populaire.

Le fait est qu'avant, en France, le rugby était surtout développé dans la moitié sud du pays (je vis depuis quelques années à la pointe nord du pays, je vois les côtes anglaises de chez moi). Mais depuis la coupe du monde 2007 (en France), les médias parlent de plus en plus de ce sport.
De fait, ils ont vite fait un parallèle entre la coupe du monde de football et la coupe du monde de rugby, en critiquant Marc Liévremont de la même manière qu'ils avaient critiqué Raymond Domenech (sélectionneur de l'équipe de football) en 2010.

En ce qui me concerne, ayant baigné dans le rugby depuis mon plus jeune âge (ma mère était entraineur), j'ai passé une journée plutôt bonne!!

Reste à voir ce que fera l'équipe la semaine prochaine contre le pays de Galles!
Et demain, Argentine-Nouvelle Zélande suivi de Australie-Afrique du sud.
Peu de doute quant à la victoire de la Nouvelle-Zélande. Concernant l'autre match, je voudrais voir l'Australie s'imposer, mais les Africains du sud sont imprévisibles (et brutaux)

ps: too much wine today, i'll translate this later... or tomorrow... (edit: or not... no matter if anyone feels able to do the transation for me...)
To summarize: GO THE BLUES!

Congrats to the Kiwis on a great win to take the Rugby World Cup:

New Zealand 8 - France 7

Commisserations to the French who fought a tough and bloody battle - if any team was going to beat them today it was only going to be France as their pack was as mean as a junkyard dog, and the wingers dangerous all day.

If you work with a Kiwi don't expect them at work tomorrow ...

Jeez it was a mean game ...

:)

gropouce

Distinguished
May 1, 2011
It's a sad day in France.
I am proud of my team. The guys were not deterred by the critics.
Too bad that this World Cup finish on a bitter disappointment.

Anyway, congrats to the Kiwis.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/rugby-world-cup-2011/rugby-world-cup-2011-goes-from-bad-to-worse-for-beaten-finalists-france/story-e6frf4zl-1226176638041

The Kiwis not content with the win want to hound the French players .. create further incidents and top it off with a 10G fine for them responding to the pregame Haka performed by the All Blacks.

Hopefully they have gotten on he plane and left by now.

If that isn't bad enough look at the way the Kiwi crowd treated Quade Cooper during the tournament ... booing and hissing every time he touched the ball.

That kind of behaviour just isn't acceptable in rubgy and pathetic ... look what his mum had to say ... about her own people's behaviour:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/rugby-gold/im-embarrassed-to-be-a-kiwi/story-fn8ouw0e-1226174405333

Not a great end to a great world cup .. not the way we all want to remember it.

The All black vs Australia game was awesome to watch ... they flogged us in a great show of strength on the field (I have never seen the All Blacks play so well)... that's what I want to remember ... that and us whipping Wales for the bronze.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts