  • Messenger
  • Email
  • Windows XP
March 8, 2005 3:29:03 AM

Hi,

I want to remove the email address from the login drop down box of MSN
messenger application. I have cleared all temp files from I.E. but this does
not help.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

HG

More about : login email address

March 8, 2005 7:16:11 AM

In news:BF20B40B-00A7-4C2E-9A65-936F66535E9B@microsoft.com,
HG <HG@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Hi,
>
> I want to remove the email address from the login drop down box of MSN
> messenger application. I have cleared all temp files from I.E. but
> this does not help.
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> HG

What OS? In XP it's start > run > type "control userpasswords2" without the
quotes > hit enter > click on advanced > click on manage passwords >
highlight the account you want removed > click delete > click okay a couple
of times and it should be all set.

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes
March 8, 2005 7:35:03 AM

yep - that works - thanks.

Please ignore if this question pops up again very soon on this community as
I think I have entered it twice but under a different name.

Thanks again, HG

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:BF20B40B-00A7-4C2E-9A65-936F66535E9B@microsoft.com,
> HG <HG@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to remove the email address from the login drop down box of MSN
> > messenger application. I have cleared all temp files from I.E. but
> > this does not help.
> >
> > Any ideas ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > HG
>
> What OS? In XP it's start > run > type "control userpasswords2" without the
> quotes > hit enter > click on advanced > click on manage passwords >
> highlight the account you want removed > click delete > click okay a couple
> of times and it should be all set.
>
> Galen
>
> --
>
> "My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me
> the most abstruse cryptogram or the most intricate analysis, and I am
> in my own proper atmosphere. I can dispense then with artificial
> stimulants. But I abhor the dull routine of existence. I crave for
> mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

March 9, 2005 12:21:33 AM

In news:15794391-FF2D-4573-A152-46132E482567@microsoft.com,
HG <HG@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say: