SP2 Firewall and Windows Messenger

I am beginning to use Group Policy to manage SP2 firewall settings for
several of my customers with W2K AD Domains. I had been focusing on
compatibility with Symantec AV, but it looks like I broke Windows Messenger.
The users connect to an Exchange server on their local network and only chat
internally. What exceptions do I need to create in the SP2 firewall to allow
Windows Messenger to work properly?

Thanks!
Chris Dunbar

Hi Chris,

You simply need to allow Windows Messenger full access to the connection, just restrict it to
the local subnet.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert