Dragon+ Ultra Family Drivers

G

I just set up a new system with the Soyo Dragon Plus motherboard and I'm having some difficulty. Everything works great, but I can't seem to figure out how to install the Ultra Family drivers so that I can use the RAID controller as regular IDE ports (until I can afford more hard drives). The manual's instructions clearly leave out a step or two. Has anyone else figured this out yet? I'm using Windows 2000.

pat

Expert
yes, you enable the promise raid in the bios, you set the jumper on the motherboard to ata100 (well, I think it is not written ata100, but raid. so just set it the other way) then after you connect your drive to the standard ide connector(the blue one), you boot, let windows detect the new material, you install the drivers, stop the computer, reconnect to the yellow connector, the promise bios should detect it and boot. Oh, dont forget to set in the bios the option for booting with scsc-ata100/raid to ata100/raid first

should work. I've done that this morning..

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

vetplus40

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2001
Yes,the manual is a little weak in this area.I am trying to do the same thing with the p4 ultra dragon with no sucess.The manual clearly states you can use the RAID as normal IDE but doesnt tell you how to do it. I guess they figured no one would use it that way.:)

If ya don't ask..How ya gonna know.