Epox 8KHA+ vs Soltek Sl-75drv2 vs Shuttle Ak31r3 ?

G

Good day to all fellow hardware junkies.
I recently went on a quest to build a new computer to take along to college with me, and picking the motherboard has been a real problem. I've read numerous reviews about all three boards, and have come to dilemmas involving all three. The SL-75drv2 (or drv4 for that matter) are rated top-dog by Tom, but I've read quite a few reviews stating that they have had problems overclocking stably beyond 150 mhz. All three boards are more-or-less equal performance-wise (someone prove me wrong so I can pick :p). I plan on using an Athlon XP 1700+ in this machine, and if anyone--- ANYONE--- can help me decide on one over the other, please do so. Cost is not an issue in this matter: all three retail between $110 and $130. Thanks a lot.

Matt

All three are pretty good, so I would go with your pocketbook. Only you know what features are most important to you. I used the shuttle ak31a for 4 months. It ran stable at 138-140 fsb, with the memory timings in manual. Check newegg's refurbished section and see if any of them are listed. Some are bare boards only, but a few come with drivers and most offer free shipping. It's easy to download the drivers off the net.

G

Any of the boards will work just great for you, although I would suggest the Epox board. I've built quite a few Comps with that board and I've been very impressed. It overclocks real easy and everything on it works great. Haven't had a single problem with the board. Good luck with you choice.