Can I be identified by a screenname rather than my email a..

My email address is linked to a profile screenname in MSN. Currently I have
people locating me by my email address to communicate in Windows Messenger.

Can I have them locate me by either the screenname that is linked to my
email address in MSN, or by the name which i've opted to be displayed in
Windows Messenger, without revealing my email address?

Lou Messina
LouMessina(at)gmail(dot)com
East Coast Muscle
http://EastCoastMuscle.com

Greetings Lou,

I'm afraid not, anyone you contact will obtain your Passport e-mail address.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Lou Messina" <LouMessina(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in message
> My email address is linked to a profile screenname in MSN. Currently I have
> people locating me by my email address to communicate in Windows Messenger.
>
> Can I have them locate me by either the screenname that is linked to my
> email address in MSN, or by the name which i've opted to be displayed in
> Windows Messenger, without revealing my email address?
>
> Lou Messina
> LouMessina(at)gmail(dot)com
> East Coast Muscle
> http://EastCoastMuscle.com

you can create a new passport account (that is not an email) and use that to
log into msn messenger

"Lou Messina" <LouMessina(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in message
> My email address is linked to a profile screenname in MSN. Currently I
> have
> people locating me by my email address to communicate in Windows
> Messenger.
>
> Can I have them locate me by either the screenname that is linked to my
> email address in MSN, or by the name which i've opted to be displayed in
> Windows Messenger, without revealing my email address?
>
> Lou Messina
> LouMessina(at)gmail(dot)com
> East Coast Muscle
> http://EastCoastMuscle.com

How do you create a Passport Account without an email address?

"Kenny S" wrote:
you can create a new passport account (that is not an email) and use that to
log into msn messenger

"Lou Messina" <LouMessina(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in message
My email address is linked to a profile screenname in MSN. Currently I have
people locating me by my email address to communicate in Windows Messenger.

Can I have them locate me by either the screenname that is linked to my
email address in MSN, or by the name which i've opted to be displayed in
Windows Messenger, without revealing my email address?

Lou Messina
LouMessina(at)gmail(dot)com
East Coast Muscle
http://EastCoastMuscle.com

you go here and create an account... (free)
http://www.passport.net/

this lets you log into microsofts services and is not a hotmail (email )
account

Hope this information helps you
kenny

> How do you create a Passport Account without an email address?
>
> "Kenny S" wrote:
> you can create a new passport account (that is not an email) and use that
> log into msn messenger
>
> "Lou Messina" <LouMessina(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in message
> My email address is linked to a profile screenname in MSN. Currently I
> have
> people locating me by my email address to communicate in Windows
> Messenger.
>
> Can I have them locate me by either the screenname that is linked to my
> email address in MSN, or by the name which i've opted to be displayed in
> Windows Messenger, without revealing my email address?
>
> Lou Messina
> LouMessina(at)gmail(dot)com
> East Coast Muscle
> http://EastCoastMuscle.com

When I go there, it requires you enter an email address in order to get a
passport account. Since you need a passport account to sign on to Windows
Messenger, we're back to the email address being necessary to locate you in
Windows Messenger. I don't think you can locate someone with just a
screenname that does not identify it's linked email address, like AIM does.