Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Can I be identified by a screenname rather than my email a..

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 3:25:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

My email address is linked to a profile screenname in MSN. Currently I have
people locating me by my email address to communicate in Windows Messenger.

Can I have them locate me by either the screenname that is linked to my
email address in MSN, or by the name which i've opted to be displayed in
Windows Messenger, without revealing my email address?

Lou Messina
LouMessina(at)gmail(dot)com
East Coast Muscle
http://EastCoastMuscle.com
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 12:35:59 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Greetings Lou,

I'm afraid not, anyone you contact will obtain your Passport e-mail address.
____________________________________________
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
Associate Expert
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan Kay.
You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.

"Lou Messina" <LouMessina(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in message
news:B7AFAF88-0B0B-4BBE-9858-583EDDFE7A61@microsoft.com...
> My email address is linked to a profile screenname in MSN. Currently I have
> people locating me by my email address to communicate in Windows Messenger.
>
> Can I have them locate me by either the screenname that is linked to my
> email address in MSN, or by the name which i've opted to be displayed in
> Windows Messenger, without revealing my email address?
>
> Lou Messina
> LouMessina(at)gmail(dot)com
> East Coast Muscle
> http://EastCoastMuscle.com
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 10:17:16 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

you can create a new passport account (that is not an email) and use that to
log into msn messenger


"Lou Messina" <LouMessina(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in message
news:B7AFAF88-0B0B-4BBE-9858-583EDDFE7A61@microsoft.com...
> My email address is linked to a profile screenname in MSN. Currently I
> have
> people locating me by my email address to communicate in Windows
> Messenger.
>
> Can I have them locate me by either the screenname that is linked to my
> email address in MSN, or by the name which i've opted to be displayed in
> Windows Messenger, without revealing my email address?
>
> Lou Messina
> LouMessina(at)gmail(dot)com
> East Coast Muscle
> http://EastCoastMuscle.com
Related resources
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 10:17:17 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

How do you create a Passport Account without an email address?

"Kenny S" wrote:
you can create a new passport account (that is not an email) and use that to
log into msn messenger

"Lou Messina" <LouMessina(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in message
news:B7AFAF88-0B0B-4BBE-9858-583EDDFE7A61@microsoft.com...
My email address is linked to a profile screenname in MSN. Currently I have
people locating me by my email address to communicate in Windows Messenger.

Can I have them locate me by either the screenname that is linked to my
email address in MSN, or by the name which i've opted to be displayed in
Windows Messenger, without revealing my email address?

Lou Messina
LouMessina(at)gmail(dot)com
East Coast Muscle
http://EastCoastMuscle.com
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 2:44:22 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

you go here and create an account... (free)
http://www.passport.net/

this lets you log into microsofts services and is not a hotmail (email )
account

Hope this information helps you
kenny


"Lou Messina" <LouMessina(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in message
news:4D0A6708-3D7A-44E7-9CA5-0DFB9B120E9B@microsoft.com...
> How do you create a Passport Account without an email address?
>
> "Kenny S" wrote:
> you can create a new passport account (that is not an email) and use that
> to
> log into msn messenger
>
> "Lou Messina" <LouMessina(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in message
> news:B7AFAF88-0B0B-4BBE-9858-583EDDFE7A61@microsoft.com...
> My email address is linked to a profile screenname in MSN. Currently I
> have
> people locating me by my email address to communicate in Windows
> Messenger.
>
> Can I have them locate me by either the screenname that is linked to my
> email address in MSN, or by the name which i've opted to be displayed in
> Windows Messenger, without revealing my email address?
>
> Lou Messina
> LouMessina(at)gmail(dot)com
> East Coast Muscle
> http://EastCoastMuscle.com
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 2:44:23 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

When I go there, it requires you enter an email address in order to get a
passport account. Since you need a passport account to sign on to Windows
Messenger, we're back to the email address being necessary to locate you in
Windows Messenger. I don't think you can locate someone with just a
screenname that does not identify it's linked email address, like AIM does.

"Kenny S" wrote:
you go here and create an account... (free)
http://www.passport.net/
this lets you log into microsofts services and is not a hotmail (email )
account
Hope this information helps you
kenny

"Lou Messina" <LouMessina(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in message
news:4D0A6708-3D7A-44E7-9CA5-0DFB9B120E9B@microsoft.com...
How do you create a Passport Account without an email address?

"Kenny S" wrote:
you can create a new passport account (that is not an email) and use that to
log into msn messenger

"Lou Messina" <LouMessina(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in message
news:B7AFAF88-0B0B-4BBE-9858-583EDDFE7A61@microsoft.com...
My email address is linked to a profile screenname in MSN. Currently I have
people locating me by my email address to communicate in Windows Messenger.

Can I have them locate me by either the screenname that is linked to my
email address in MSN, or by the name which i've opted to be displayed in
Windows Messenger, without revealing my email address?

Lou Messina
LouMessina(at)gmail(dot)com
East Coast Muscle
http://EastCoastMuscle.com
!