Windows Messenger 5.1 vs. MSN 6.2

bs

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

Aren't these two version camera compatible, at least I
can't get it working with a friend of mine ?

//BS

Greetings,

They are compatible, under certain circumstances and what functionality you've actually
tried.

MSN Messenger 6.x has two video features -- a "webcam" function which is compatible with all
MSN Messenger 6.x and 7.x versions on every version of Windows but -not- Windows Messenger
and a "video conference" feature that is compatible with Windows Messenger but is available
only on XP.

As such, assuming you're both on XP, just have the user on Messenger 6.x click the Actions
menu, then "Start Video Conference" and you should be good to go.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert