(away) status not working

Does anyone know why the auto (away) status would not work. I have it set
for 5 minutes of inactivity. I am now running the new version 7 beta, but
it did the same thing in version 6.2 I would almost bet that it has to do
with some setting in the registry that is keeping it from working right.
Anyone know what it might be?

Thanks, Lloyd

Greetings Lloyd,

No, there's no magical registry setting that will make this work if you have a problem with
it. There's a whole list of suspects; everything from a third-party screensaver to some OEM
programs.

Unfortunately localizing this problem can be quite difficult, so if you want an instant
solution, simply install Messenger Plus (http://www.msgplus.net) and use its option for
doing this (which may work differently). The option after installing Plus! is in the main
Messenger window, clicking the Plus! menu, then Preferences, General Options, then
Miscellaneous and make use of the "Automatically change status after a period of inactivity"
option. Take note that if you do try this option, be sure to read through the installer, as
if you do not wish to install the sponsor program (ie. advertising) that goes along with
Plus!, be sure *not* to chose that option during the installation.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert