Messenger signs in without asking for password

I am using Messenger 7.0 beta and it signs in automatically without
asking for password. I have unchecked everything possible to stop this
but it still signs me on in. I even went to Program Files and changed
my messenger to Messenger__Off like someone told to me to do but that
didn't work either. Is there any way I can get this out of my
registry? Please help me!!

Also, is there anyway I can retrieve logs on messenger chat without
saving the logs myself? Are they automatically deleted or what?

Thanks, Beth

--
bethmc623
2 answers Last reply

    Hey Beth
    You havent automatically saved your password have you into memory therefore
    meaning it never has to ask you for a password.

    "bethmc623" wrote:

    > I am using Messenger 7.0 beta and it signs in automatically without
    > asking for password. I have unchecked everything possible to stop this
    > but it still signs me on in. I even went to Program Files and changed
    > my messenger to Messenger__Off like someone told to me to do but that
    > didn't work either. Is there any way I can get this out of my
    > registry? Please help me!!
    >
    > Also, is there anyway I can retrieve logs on messenger chat without
    > saving the logs myself? Are they automatically deleted or what?
    >
    > Thanks, Beth
    >

    > --
    > bethmc623

    Greetings Beth,

    To fix this, click the Start Button, then click the Control Panel. Then, click User Accounts
    in the Control Panel. Select your account name, and then on the left side of the screen,
    under Related Tasks, click 'Manage my Network Passwords'. In the window that opens, click
    the Passport.Net\* (Passport) entry and click 'Remove'.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "bethmc623" <bethmc623.1lpbpq@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > I am using Messenger 7.0 beta and it signs in automatically without
    > asking for password. I have unchecked everything possible to stop this
    > but it still signs me on in. I even went to Program Files and changed
    > my messenger to Messenger__Off like someone told to me to do but that
    > didn't work either. Is there any way I can get this out of my
    > registry? Please help me!!
    >
    > Also, is there anyway I can retrieve logs on messenger chat without
    > saving the logs myself? Are they automatically deleted or what?
    >
    > Thanks, Beth
    >

    > --
    > bethmc623

Messenger Microsoft Registry Windows XP