Is there a plugin that adds Yahoo! Messenger functionality?

March 11, 2005 4:48:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

As above really, so I don't have to run 2 programs, or clunky all-in-ones
like Trillian?
--
Thanks.

CJSnet

(Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 4:48:05 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Greetings,

It has been talked about before, but no one has made one.
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Associate Expert

news:o k9sNEkJFHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

In article <Ok9sNEkJFHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, CJSnet says...

> As above really, so I don't have to run 2 programs, or clunky all-in-ones
> like Trillian?

Any plug-in that added access to any other messaging system to MSN Messenger
would turn out to be as clunky as Trillian. The reason for the clunkiness is
that MSN Messenger, Yahoo! Pager, and AIM/ICQ run on different protocols.

--
Norman
~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

I have never seen such a thing.

"CJSnet" <usenet@TEETHthe-simpson.tv> wrote in message
news:o k9sNEkJFHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> As above really, so I don't have to run 2 programs, or clunky all-in-ones
> like Trillian?
> --
> Thanks.
>
> CJSnet
>
> (Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)

Anonymous
March 13, 2005 7:24:12 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

The New Office Communicator is suppose to have a plug-in that allows it to
interact iwth AOL, Y!, and other IM negating the use for Trillian. It
remains to be seen how that will propogate to MSN Messenger.

Mark

"N. Miller" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In article <Ok9sNEkJFHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, CJSnet says...
>
>> As above really, so I don't have to run 2 programs, or clunky all-in-ones
>> like Trillian?
>
> Any plug-in that added access to any other messaging system to MSN
> Messenger
> would turn out to be as clunky as Trillian. The reason for the clunkiness
> is
> that MSN Messenger, Yahoo! Pager, and AIM/ICQ run on different protocols.
>
> --
> Norman
> ~Win dain a lotica, En vai tu ri, Si lo ta
> ~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain
> ~Vi fa-ru les shutai am, En riga-lint
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 7:15:23 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Hi Mark,

Actually, it's server-side (on the Live Comm Server) how this is done (and paid for per CAL).

"Mark Milliman" <mark.milliman@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> The New Office Communicator is suppose to have a plug-in that allows it to interact iwth
> AOL, Y!, and other IM negating the use for Trillian. It remains to be seen how that will
> propogate to MSN Messenger.
>
> Mark
>
> "N. Miller" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> In article <Ok9sNEkJFHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, CJSnet says...
>>
>>> As above really, so I don't have to run 2 programs, or clunky all-in-ones
>>> like Trillian?
>>
>> Any plug-in that added access to any other messaging system to MSN Messenger
>> would turn out to be as clunky as Trillian. The reason for the clunkiness is
>> that MSN Messenger, Yahoo! Pager, and AIM/ICQ run on different protocols.
>>
>> --
>> Norman
>> ~Win dain a lotica, En vai tu ri, Si lo ta
>> ~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain
>> ~Vi fa-ru les shutai am, En riga-lint

Anonymous
March 19, 2005 2:04:54 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Yahoo! Web Messenger turned out to be a good low-resource alternative.
--

!