Is there a plugin that adds Yahoo! Messenger functionality?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

As above really, so I don't have to run 2 programs, or clunky all-in-ones
like Trillian?
--
Thanks.

CJSnet

(Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)
6 answers Last reply
More about plugin adds yahoo messenger functionality
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    Greetings,

    It has been talked about before, but no one has made one.
    Jonathan Kay
    Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
    Associate Expert

    "CJSnet" <usenet@TEETHthe-simpson.tv> wrote in message
    > As above really, so I don't have to run 2 programs, or clunky all-in-ones like Trillian?
    > --
    > Thanks.
    >
    > CJSnet
    >
    > (Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    In article <Ok9sNEkJFHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, CJSnet says...

    > As above really, so I don't have to run 2 programs, or clunky all-in-ones
    > like Trillian?

    Any plug-in that added access to any other messaging system to MSN Messenger
    would turn out to be as clunky as Trillian. The reason for the clunkiness is
    that MSN Messenger, Yahoo! Pager, and AIM/ICQ run on different protocols.

    --
    Norman
    ~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain

    I have never seen such a thing.

    "CJSnet" <usenet@TEETHthe-simpson.tv> wrote in message
    > As above really, so I don't have to run 2 programs, or clunky all-in-ones
    > like Trillian?
    > --
    > Thanks.
    >
    > CJSnet
    >
    > (Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    The New Office Communicator is suppose to have a plug-in that allows it to
    interact iwth AOL, Y!, and other IM negating the use for Trillian. It
    remains to be seen how that will propogate to MSN Messenger.

    Mark

    "N. Miller" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > In article <Ok9sNEkJFHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, CJSnet says...
    >
    >> As above really, so I don't have to run 2 programs, or clunky all-in-ones
    >> like Trillian?
    >
    > Any plug-in that added access to any other messaging system to MSN
    > Messenger
    > would turn out to be as clunky as Trillian. The reason for the clunkiness
    > is
    > that MSN Messenger, Yahoo! Pager, and AIM/ICQ run on different protocols.
    >
    > --
    > Norman
    > ~Win dain a lotica, En vai tu ri, Si lo ta
    > ~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain
    > ~Vi fa-ru les shutai am, En riga-lint
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    Hi Mark,

    Actually, it's server-side (on the Live Comm Server) how this is done (and paid for per CAL).

    "Mark Milliman" <mark.milliman@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > The New Office Communicator is suppose to have a plug-in that allows it to interact iwth
    > AOL, Y!, and other IM negating the use for Trillian. It remains to be seen how that will
    > propogate to MSN Messenger.
    >
    > Mark
    >
    > "N. Miller" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> In article <Ok9sNEkJFHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, CJSnet says...
    >>
    >>> As above really, so I don't have to run 2 programs, or clunky all-in-ones
    >>> like Trillian?
    >>
    >> Any plug-in that added access to any other messaging system to MSN Messenger
    >> would turn out to be as clunky as Trillian. The reason for the clunkiness is
    >> that MSN Messenger, Yahoo! Pager, and AIM/ICQ run on different protocols.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Norman
    >> ~Win dain a lotica, En vai tu ri, Si lo ta
    >> ~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain
    >> ~Vi fa-ru les shutai am, En riga-lint

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    Yahoo! Web Messenger turned out to be a good low-resource alternative.
    --
    Thanks.

    CJSnet

    (Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)

    "CJSnet" <usenet@TEETHthe-simpson.tv> wrote in message
    > As above really, so I don't have to run 2 programs, or clunky all-in-ones
    > like Trillian?
    > --
    > Thanks.
    >
    > CJSnet
    >
    > (Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)

Yahoo Messenger Microsoft MSN Messenger Plugin Windows XP