ASUS Board & BIOS Power Management

G

I recently built a system using an A7V133 motherboard and AMD Athlon 1GHz processor. During integration and check out of the system I disabled the BIOS Power Management function. The operating system is Windows 98SE. After
the system appeared to be working fine, I used the BIOS utility to enable the Power Management function. Upon exiting the BIOS, the system immediately powered itself down, and I have not been able to power it up successfully
since.

When the ATX power button is pushed, the power supply comes up, the monitor does not power on as it should, the BIOS appears to start the POST, one short beep is announced, and the system immediately powers itself down. I have tried to enter the BIOS utility for the short time before the system
powers down, but to no avail. I have tried to clear the CMOS by shorting the CLRTC solder points and removing the board battery for up to 10 minutes, but that does not correct the situation.

Can anyone offer advise on a coarse of action! I have sent a notice to ASUS technical support, but who knows when I might get a response.

Thanks for any help.

sdg

AndrewT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2001
There is no reason to use that option in the bios, just go where you set your screensaver and there is the power settings button. Unless you want to do something like boot up every day at 9 am.

No clue what happened to your setup, it's just weird. Try what other dude said.

<font color=red>Handsome A7V133 looking for long term relationship with a XP CPU. Prefer non smoker.</font color=red>