MSN MESSENGER CANT DOWNLOAD

i had msn messenger, no problems, today i went to sign in
and said, i had to upgrade to use it. np i thought, but
upon trying to download a small long grey box would come
on screen and a red circle with a white X in middle of
it. i clicked on where it said if download doesnt start
click here to do it manually. well that page could not
be displayed. i uninstalled my messenger and thought
well i would re-download it and i get the same problem.
any clues.
7 answers Last reply
More about messenger download

    Greetings Wendy,

    Try from here:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1b5bfaee-4bfa-42bf-a42e-417d748cefa1
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "wendy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i had msn messenger, no problems, today i went to sign in
    > and said, i had to upgrade to use it. np i thought, but
    > upon trying to download a small long grey box would come
    > on screen and a red circle with a white X in middle of
    > it. i clicked on where it said if download doesnt start
    > click here to do it manually. well that page could not
    > be displayed. i uninstalled my messenger and thought
    > well i would re-download it and i get the same problem.
    > any clues.

    hi johnathan, tks for response. i have already tried
    that page i get a small little box top left hand corner
    maybe 2"x1 saying this page cannot be displayed. i then
    go to if download does not start click here, i then get a
    full page saying this page cannot be displayed. i do
    have a popup blocker but disable it when trying to
    download msn messenger. whats next? i have tried all
    your advice that you have given other people regarding
    msn messenger problems. i have now hit a brick wall.

    tka wendy

    Jonathan Kay.

    >"wendy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    >>i had msn messenger, no problems, today i went to sign
    in
    >> and said, i had to upgrade to use it. np i thought,
    but
    >> upon trying to download a small long grey box would
    come
    >> on screen and a red circle with a white X in middle of
    >> it. i clicked on where it said if download doesnt
    start
    >> click here to do it manually. well that page could not
    >> be displayed. i uninstalled my messenger and thought
    >> well i would re-download it and i get the same problem.
    >> any clues.
    >

    >.

    Wendy,

    Direct link to download MSN Messenger 6.2 :
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/9/a/09a79e99-f2c8-4933-9797-77e88836bb52/SetupDl.exe

    Hope this helps.

    --
    Jabez Gan
    Give me a chance, Let me help you!

    > hi johnathan, tks for response. i have already tried
    > that page i get a small little box top left hand corner
    > maybe 2"x1 saying this page cannot be displayed. i then
    > go to if download does not start click here, i then get a
    > full page saying this page cannot be displayed. i do
    > have a popup blocker but disable it when trying to
    > download msn messenger. whats next? i have tried all
    > your advice that you have given other people regarding
    > msn messenger problems. i have now hit a brick wall.
    >
    > tka wendy

    hi jabez, nope says page cannot be displayed

    Hey,

    May I know are you having problems downloading any files (or all .EXE files)
    or just Messenger's SetupDL.exe?

    I would suggest that you try using a download manager to download
    SetupDL.exe or try using Mozilla's Firefox (www.mozilla.org)

    --

    > hi jabez, nope says page cannot be displayed

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    hi jabez, i have not tried to download any other files.

    i have tried downloading thru mozilla and comes up saying
    request was refused at microsoft, have tried with opra
    also and no luck.

    wendy

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    Wendy,

    Please email me directly at mingteikg [at] blizhosting.com

    --

    > hi jabez, i have not tried to download any other files.
    >
    > i have tried downloading thru mozilla and comes up saying
    > request was refused at microsoft, have tried with opra
    > also and no luck.
    >
    > wendy

Download Messenger MSN Messenger Windows XP