Windows Messenger and UPNP (does not work)

I'm using Windows Messenger 4.7.3001. Problem is that Windows Messenger is
not opening any ports on my Netgear WGT624u Router. My PC is direct attached
to the Router via ethernet.

All PC's via wireless LAN are working perfectly. They open the firewall and
working perfectly with upnp.

Do ya have any idea?

Oliver

Greetings Oliver,

Netgear UPnP is a nightmare but, you might try turning on the UPnP support within Windows
(which you shouldn't -have- to do, but it's worth a try). To do so, click Start, Control
Panel, Add or Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, and under Networking Services,
make sure that Internet Gateway Device Discovery and Control Client as well as Universal Plug
and Play/UPnP User Interface is installed. Then reboot and try again.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Oliver Sack" <oliver.sack@web.de> wrote in message news:d14t8b$fhh$01$1@news.t-online.com...
> I'm using Windows Messenger 4.7.3001. Problem is that Windows Messenger is not opening any
> ports on my Netgear WGT624u Router. My PC is direct attached to the Router via ethernet.
>
> All PC's via wireless LAN are working perfectly. They open the firewall and working
> perfectly with upnp.
>
> Do ya have any idea?
>
> Oliver

TRENDING THREADS