Wireless ISP (UK)

Hi,

Has anyone heard of the new ISP AirWave. They have been advertising around
with hotspots and installing inside apartment blocks in the UK. Does anyone
know if they are any good??

I've been told that they are pretty cheap but I can't seem to find any links
for them on the internet!?!?!? I find it pretty difficult to believe that an
ISP won't have a site LOL.

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Bayley <paul@impactsolutions.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in

> Has anyone heard of the new ISP AirWave. They have been
> advertising around with hotspots and installing inside apartment
> blocks in the UK. Does anyone know if they are any good??

You don't mean the secure mobile operator Airwave do you? Part of O2
(ex BT Cellnet)? Nothing to do with either GSM or ISP services,
though. Find them here:
<http://www.airwaveservice.co.uk/>

Recent publicity about UK wireless ISPs in recent months has focussed
on Netvigator who have a major rollout programme in the Thames Valley
area. Find them here:
<http://www.netvigator.co.uk/>

Not heard of any ISP called AirWave.

Hope this helps

--

Richard Perkin
To email me, change the AT in the address below

is. If you don't, it's its. Then too, it's hers. It isn't her's.
It isn't our's either. It's ours, and likewise yours and theirs.

Hi,

I've found them now. They are just rolling out, their site is still under
construction that's why I couldn't find it. They are call AirWave but are
nothing to do with o2.

I've been told that their speeds are up to 54mbs and they run on 2.4 which
makes it easy than netvigater to connect. If anyone knows any more about
them or signs up to the trials let us know what they are like.

Cheers,

Paul