I get notifications of script errors in version 7 asking me if I want to
continue running scripts on "this page" Could this be some sort of
advertising software that my popup blocker is seeing and nailing?

Greetings,

Could be -- the ad window is the only thing that contains parseable HTML and script.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert