How to turn off Instant Messenger.

March 15, 2005 9:59:24 PM

I use Windows 2000 now and then and I get lots of spam from Instant
Messenger when I do. Since I have no use for the function how do I turn
it off?

If there is a better group of this query please advise.

John Culleton

More about : turn instant messenger

Anonymous
March 16, 2005 2:06:36 PM

John,

what you are getting are not from the Instant Messenger. It is a service
called Messenger where it is used for network admins to send users messages.
But now, it seems that users are getting spammed through this method.

For more information on how to have it disabled, see this:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/learn...

Hope this helps.

--
Jabez Gan