Abit KT7A w/RAID & the Athlon 1500+XP

G

I have just put in an Athlon 1500+XP chip. I have flashed my bios before doing this with the 3R BIOS update. I am trying to figure out if there is a way that I can get another update to be able to utilize this CPU on this board. So far I have read that I could onlyt use it if the board was a certain version. I am unable to determine what version I have. Can someone please help me out. I am hoping that this doesn't mean that I need to go out and replace the motherboard. Please let me know. Thank you in advance.

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
If you have version 1.3 that's great, if you have version 1.0 or 1.2 you'll need all the help you can get. You should see the version on your board. I have the version 1.0 and I couldn't update the BIOS to accept XP support and it wouldn't even boot. I also have the version 1.3, this board work without an update, but didn't have the XP support, until I updated the XP support. If your board booted I would think you have version 1.3 or got lucky. If you check out the Abit web side you will see the updates and they will tell you if it's for XP support. If you can't update, then maybe your board isn't version1.3 and be happy you have it running, that's about all I got. Good luck

G

I see what your saying but I am wondering where exactly you are able to find out which version I have. I am luckily able to run it at 1 Gig but I believe that is all.

Every man dies. Not every man really lives!

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
The board version is embeded right on the circuit board. It's down around the last two PCI connectors in big letters.

Check <A HREF="http://www.viahardware.com/faq/kt7/kt7faq.htm" target="_new">Paul's Unofficial Abit KT7 FAQ</A> for BIOS info. I think you need BIOS version 64 or 65. Be careful there are special versions only to be used on the board rev. 1.3. There are different versions (but the same numbers) for all other revs.

<b>We are all beta testers!</b>