Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger running together?

Hi,

Is it possible to run both Windows and MSN messenger at the same time? I was
looking at setting up LCS2005 and was going to have users use the windows
messenger tied to there work email, problem is some users already are using
MSN messenger
3 answers Last reply
More about windows messenger messenger running together

    Microsoft specifically says the two should not be run together....Thier is a
    download at microsoft downloads,type:messenger Locate the msn add-in
    for windows messenger.This lets you run windows messenger as msn w/o
    switching.

    "Pat" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Is it possible to run both Windows and MSN messenger at the same time? I was
    > looking at setting up LCS2005 and was going to have users use the windows
    > messenger tied to there work email, problem is some users already are using
    > MSN messenger

    Greetings Pat,

    Yes you can run both at the same time.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is it possible to run both Windows and MSN messenger at the same time? I was
    > looking at setting up LCS2005 and was going to have users use the windows
    > messenger tied to there work email, problem is some users already are using
    > MSN messenger

    Hi Andrew,

    This is incorrect, they are designed to work together.

    As well, the add-in support for Windows Messenger was removed some time ago.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    > Microsoft specifically says the two should not be run together....Thier is a
    > download at microsoft downloads,type:messenger Locate the msn add-in
    > for windows messenger.This lets you run windows messenger as msn w/o
    > switching.
    >
    > "Pat" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Is it possible to run both Windows and MSN messenger at the same time? I was
    >> looking at setting up LCS2005 and was going to have users use the windows
    >> messenger tied to there work email, problem is some users already are using
    >> MSN messenger

Messenger Microsoft MSN Messenger Windows XP