Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger running together?

March 16, 2005 1:57:03 PM

Hi,

Is it possible to run both Windows and MSN messenger at the same time? I was
looking at setting up LCS2005 and was going to have users use the windows
messenger tied to there work email, problem is some users already are using
MSN messenger
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 5:43:11 PM

Microsoft specifically says the two should not be run together....Thier is a
download at microsoft downloads,type:messenger Locate the msn add-in
for windows messenger.This lets you run windows messenger as msn w/o
switching.

"Pat" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to run both Windows and MSN messenger at the same time? I was
> looking at setting up LCS2005 and was going to have users use the windows
> messenger tied to there work email, problem is some users already are using
> MSN messenger
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 6:12:18 PM

Greetings Pat,

Yes you can run both at the same time.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to run both Windows and MSN messenger at the same time? I was
> looking at setting up LCS2005 and was going to have users use the windows
> messenger tied to there work email, problem is some users already are using
> MSN messenger
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 8:55:34 PM

Hi Andrew,

This is incorrect, they are designed to work together.

As well, the add-in support for Windows Messenger was removed some time ago.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

!