Abit Bh6 mobo

G

I have a bh6 mobo is it possible to upgrade my processor to celeron 1.1GHZ the one with 128 KB cache??
Do i need a newer "slot adapter" mine is currently using is "PII version 1.2" slot adapter

G

I forget what the max cpu speed the board supports. Might want to check your documenion. Might have to flash the bios. I don't know if you'll need an adapter or not. I don't think the celerons have changed pins, but i'm not sure.
-Jason Fellenbaum-

-If it boots, who cares how you did it.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Whether or not your motherboard can supply the correct voltage for any Coppermine CPU depends on its revision number. You need a revision 1.1 or later board to support the proper voltage. Newer BIOS will make any board support the Coppermine instruction set, but can't correct the voltage issue.
If you have a version prior to 1.1, you can still use a Coppermine at a higher than standard voltage if you either use an adjustable voltage Slotket or modify a standard Slotket.
I would recommend against the Celeron 1.1 and go straight to the PIII 1000EB. Yes, this does require PC133 SDRAM, but the performance is about 25-30% better.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?