Whiteboard, etc not working.

I was wondering exactly what the newest version of messenger was, because I
get this "Your invitation was not sent because you need the latest version of
Windows Messenger" when trying to use whiteboard, etc. I got the same message
after updating when the mandatory update was last issued for security
purposes. And my friend had, and has currently the exact same version of
messenger, 6.2.0205. And I mean newest version 6 because I'll wait for a
stable version of 7.0. Thanks in advance.

Greetings Coachz,

Actually there is no Windows Messenger 6.x or 7.x; you're using MSN Messenger which an
entirely separate product. However, in order to use the functionality you're trying, Windows
Messenger must be installed (this goes back to when there was only one Messenger client on
XP).

You can find the latest Windows Messenger version here:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8d9eb73-5f8c-4b9a-940f-9157a3b3d774
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert